The Civic has been one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles in its class for a while now, so any competition has a lot of ground to cover. However, that doesn’t stop them from trying; can the 2015 Ford Focus mpg ratings compare to Honda’s legacy of fuel efficiency? We compared the Focus to the 2015 Honda Civic fuel economy so that our Albany area drivers can know which of these small cars is really the most efficient.
Which Car is More Efficient?
At first glance, it might look like the 2015 Ford Focus mpg rating is higher than the Civic, but we want you to take a closer look:
- The 2015 Focus S earns 40 mpg on the highway, 27 mpg in the city, and 31 mpg combined.
- The 2015 Honda Civic LX CVT is rated at an EPA-estimated 39 highway mpg, 30 city mpg, and 33 mpg combined.*
The Civic offers the more fuel-efficient option for everyday driving, but that’s just one of its advantages over the Focus.
Honda Gives Drivers More Features
Many vehicles in the compact car segment have a reputation for limited features, often requiring upgrades for things like power accessories or a CD player, but Honda has been changing that. The 2015 Honda Civic comes with a suite of standard amenities that are causing drivers and other automakers to rethink what should be included as standard.
You can find amenities like these on every new Honda Civic:
- Honda’s i-MID touchscreen infotainment system
- Steering wheel-mounted controls for phone, cruise, and audio
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink with phone and audio streaming
- Rearview camera with guidelines
- SMS text messaging capabilities
- Pandora internet radio connectivity
While the Focus does have a few high-tech features, it would need to be upgraded to a higher trim level for amenities like the MyFord Touch interface that put it on par with the Civic.
Test Drive a Civic
There’s more to the 2015 Honda Civic than its fuel economy, but we think it’s clear that it bests the 2015 Ford Focus mpg ratings and features. Let us show you everything the Civic is capable of. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you today to take a test drive of the Civic – remember, it comes in both sedan and coupe body styles so that you can have the small car that fits your taste.