If you’re drawn in by the 2015 Hyundai Tucson‘s low price, that’s understandable, but we think you should see all it has to offer Albany families before settling for less than you deserve. The 2015 Honda CR-V is affordably priced, but unlike the Tucson, it has a fuel-efficient engine under the hood and a suite of modern amenities like Bluetooth and a rearview camera that many drivers expect on their new vehicles.
Under the hood of each of these crossovers is a four-cylinder engine, but Honda engineering delivers one that is both more powerful and more fuel efficient than Hyundai’s engine:
- The 2015 Hyundai Tucson GLS has a 2.0L four-cylinder engine with 164 hp and 151 lb-ft of torque, earning 29 highway and 23 city mpg.
- The 2015 Honda CR-V 2WD features a 2.4L four-cylinder with 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque, with EPA-estimated fuel economies of 34 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city.*
No matter how you slice it, that’s a superior engine on Honda’s crossover.
Honda Sets a New Standard on Features
One of the reasons the 2015 Hyundai Tucson’s price is so low can be seen right away in the features – or lack thereof. The only modern feature you’ll find on the entry-level Tucson is Bluetooth, while these amenities can be found on the CR-V LX without any need to upgrade:
- Bluetooth for phone and audio
- Rearview camera with guidelines
- Touchscreen infotainment system
- Pandora internet radio compatibility
- SMS texting capabilities
If you want more in the way of technology or comfort features, Honda has four trim levels of the CR-V available for maximum customization. The Tucson is only available in three trims, and one of them is clearly under-equipped when compared to the CR-V.
Test Drive a CR-V Today
The 2015 Hyundai Tucson price should certainly warrant a look, but if you want a crossover that is affordable rather than cheap, we suggest you look to the 2015 Honda CR-V. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you to take a test drive of the new CR-V today; don’t forget that each new CR-V can be had with all-wheel drive to help you through the harsh New York winters, too.