The world of the small coupe has shrunk in recent years, but there are still a few options for Albany area drivers. The 2015 Kia Forte Koup EX standard features might impress some, but we think that if you’re seeking a well-equipped and stylish little coupe, you should check out the 2015 Honda Civic. The Civic LX Coupe has helped reshape the idea of “standard features” in the auto market by offering modern tech amenities without requiring an upgrade – and it’s got an impressive fuel economy on top of it.
Let’s see how these two small cars compare.
Give Drivers What They Want
Nobody wants to upgrade for features they think should come standard on a vehicle, but you might be surprised how many modern cars lack a rearview camera for confident backing up or a touchscreen interface for easy control of technology.
Standard amenities on the Forte Koup EX are rather limited, with the main piece of technology being Bluetooth connectivity. Here’s what you can find on the Honda Civic LX Coupe:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink connecting your smartphone for calls and streaming audio
- Rearview camera with built-in guidelines for easier backing up and parking
- Touchscreen infotainment system (Honda-exclusive i-MID interface)
- Controls for phone, cruise, and audio mounted on the steering wheel for convenience
- True tech integration with Pandora Internet radio and SMS texting
The Forte Koup has similar features available, but they require upgrades.
Honda’s Reputation for Fuel Economy
If you hear “Honda Civic,” what’s the first thing that comes to mind? For many, it’s “fuel efficient,” and that’s especially true on the 2015 model. See how the fuel economies of these two sporty small cars compare:
- The 2015 Honda Civic LX Coupe (CVT) is rated at an EPA-estimated 39 highway and 30 city mpg.*
- The 2015 Kia Forte Koup EX 6MT, on the other hand, only hits 33 highway and 24 city mpg.
With numbers like those, you’ll notice the difference at the pump almost immediately.
Drive Home a Civic Coupe
The two-door Civic Coupe is a sleek, elegant little car, and we want you to see how fun it is to drive. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you and let us show you how its amenities compare to the 2015 Kia Forte Koup EX’s standard features. We think you’ll see why we’re such big fans of the Civic.