Albany area drivers drawn to the 2015 Nissan Rogue S FWD for its price, did you know that the 2015 Honda CR-V 2WD LX is competitively priced and offers an edge over the Rogue in key areas like features and fuel economy? It’s true, and we at Capital Region Honda Dealers have a breakdown of what separates these two models in the cabin and under the hood so that you can make the right choice when shopping for a new crossover.
A New Kind of Standard
Honda has a package of standard features on each of their new vehicles that has raised them up above many of their competitors, especially in the crossover SUV market.
Every 2015 Honda CR-V, including the entry-level LX trim, has the following features without any need to upgrade:
- Rearview camera (complete with guidelines)
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink (phone and audio connectivity)
- Honda i-MID infotainment system (with touchscreen)
- SMS texting messaging
- Pandora internet radio integration
- Stereo anti-theft system
While Nissan is one of the automakers that has kept up pretty well with Honda on features, you would still need to upgrade the Rogue S FWD beyond its base-level model to have a comparable level of amenities to the CR-V 2WD LX.
We haven’t even touched on the engines yet.
Honda Engines Continue to Impress
Not all four-cylinder engines are created equal, as you can see here:
- The 2015 Rogue S FWD sports a 2.5L four-cylinder powertrain under the hood, rated at 170 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque. It has a fuel economy of 33 highway mpg and 26 city mpg.
- The 2015 Honda CR-V 2WD LX comes out ahead on efficiency, with its EPA-estimated 34 highway mpg and 27 city mpg.* It also comes out ahead on power at 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque.
The CR-V puts that engine to good use, too. 2015 CR-V 2WD models can tow as much as 1,500 pounds, but the Rogue S FWD is stuck towing only 1,000 pounds at the most.
If you’re looking to put that engine to work, you’ll appreciate that the 2015 CR-V 2WD LX can tow up to 1,500 pounds while the 2015 Rogue S FWD only manages 1,000 pounds of towing.
Find Your CR-V
We’ve only highlighted the key differences between the base trim levels, but the CR-V has a total of four different trims to choose from (each with all-wheel drive available). Let us help you find your trim today. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer for a test drive.