At Capital Region Honda Dealers, we know that our Albany drivers have a variety of different small car options available to them, but can the basic 2015 Nissan Sentra S 6MT mpg numbers compare to what the 2015 Honda Civic LX CVT is capable of? The Civic has one of the best reputations for fuel efficiency, and while the Sentra S 6MT has come a long way, we’re not sure if it’s quite on the same level as Honda’s small car.
Let’s take a look at the specs and find out.
Who Builds More Efficient Cars?
The 2015 Nissan Sentra S 6MT is certainly more fuel efficient than some larger cars and SUVs, but when compared to vehicles in the same class, it lags behind:
- The 2015 Nissan Sentra S 6MT mpg ratings come in at 36 mpg on the highway and 27 mpg in the city for 30 mpg combined.
- 2015 Honda Civic LX CVT models earn an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy of 39 mpg, with 30 city mpg and a total of 33 mpg combined.*
That big of a difference in fuel economies will add up quickly, and it’s not even the only advantage of the Civic. Its engine is more powerful, at 143 hp to the 130 hp of Nissan’s four-cylinder powertrain, and Honda gives drivers more in the way of features as well.
The Civic’s Features
For the last few years, Honda has been giving their entry-level trims some of the most impressive standard features packages, and that includes the Honda Civic. You can find features like these on every new Civic, including the base LX trim:
- Bluetooth for phone and audio
- Touchscreen infotainment interface
- Rearview camera with guidelines
- Steering wheel-mounted controls
- Pandora internet radio compatibility
- SMS text messaging capabilities
While many of these features are certainly available on Sentra models, you would need to upgrade past the base-level 2015 Nissan Sentra S 6MT in order to find them. Honda includes all of the above and more without any need to upgrade on the Civic.
Test Drive a Civic
There’s more to the Civic than its fuel economy; it’s a sporty small car, after all. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you today to see everything a Honda Civic has to offer. We’ll put you in the best seat in the house: the driver’s.