When it comes to deciding between small cars, fuel efficiency is usually one of the most influential factors, but are the 2016 Ford Fiesta mpg ratings high enough to compete against one of the kings of the small car world? The 2016 Honda Civic kicks off the 10th generation of this famous small car, and it’s more efficient than ever before (with a new turbocharged 4-cylinder engine). Can the Fiesta keep up?
Set the Fuel Economies Side by Side
Whether you choose the standard Civic LX with its 2.0L 4-cylinder engine or the Civic EX-T or higher with the new 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder, you’ll have a much more efficient small car than the 2016 Ford Fiesta’s mpg ratings have to offer.
- The 2016 Ford Fiesta S with its standard manual transmission earns an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway for 31 mpg combined.
- The 2016 Civic LX CVT with 2.0L 4-cylinder engine earns an EPA-estimated 41 highway and 31 city mpg for 35 mpg combined.*
- Opting for the 2016 Civic EX-T with 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder bumps the fuel economy up just a bit further to 42 highway and 31 city mpg for 35 mpg combined.*
As if that’s not enough, the Civic is also far, far more powerful than the Fiesta:
- 2016 Fiesta S models have a 120-hp 4-cylinder with 112 lb-ft of torque.
- The 2016 Civic LX with 2.0L 4-cylinder is rated at 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque.
- The Civic EX-T features the 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder and brings the power output up to 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque.
Put simply, the Civic outdoes the Fiesta’s engine in every way an engine can. But words can only go so far to show you what an engine is capable of.
Test Drive a Civic
Now that the Civic has an upgraded standard engine and a new turbocharged powertrain available, we think you owe it to yourself to get behind the wheel to see what Honda’s famous small car can do. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer to take a test drive of the new Civic today. We suggest starting with the EX-T to see how that new turbocharged model can roar.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition, and other factors.
Capital Region Honda Dealers includes Lia Honda, Keeler Honda, Mohawk Honda, Carbone Honda of Bennington, D’Ella Honda of Glens Falls, Rensselaer Honda, Bedard Bros. Honda, and Saratoga Honda.