Undoubtedly stylish for the new model year, the 2016 Ford Fusion S horsepower numbers just don’t quite mesh with that borrowed Aston Martin front end. All it takes is a comparison to a competitor like the 2016 Honda Accord LX to see that the Fusion S comes up short on horsepower as well as fuel economy and amenities, despite its promising visage. The best way to experience a more powerful engine is from the driver’s seat, but we have a quick breakdown of the specs for you.
Honda Offers More
Honda doesn’t just beat the 2016 Ford Fusion S horsepower; the Accord LX bests the Fusion S at all relevant engine specs:
- The 2016 Ford Fusion S has a 2.5L four-cylinder powertrain rated at 175 hp and 175 lb-ft of torque, and capable of 34 highway and 22 city mpg.
- The 2016 Honda Accord LX (CVT) features a 2.4L four-cylinder engine with 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque, earning an EPA-estimated 37 highway and 27 city mpg.*
The engine specs may not be the top priority of our Albany area drivers, but the Accord LX also does better than the Fusion S on standard features. These amenities are found on every Accord, but require an upgrade (or are unavailable) on the Fusion S:
- Dual-zone climate control: The Accord features automatic climate control that can be configured for two different riders’ needs, adjusting automatically to keep everyone comfortable.
- Multi-angle rearview camera: When you shift into reverse, the Accord brings three different views to the in-dash screen: standard, top-down, and wide-angle.
- Daytime running lights: The Accord’s standard daytime running lights make the vehicle more visible during the day, helping reduce the risk of an accident from another driver.
Features like these are just the beginning of the differences between the two sedans, and with six different trim levels available on the Accord, we’re confident you’ll have an easy time finding the right sedan for you.
Test Drive an Accord
Not only does it feature an advantage over the 2016 Ford Fusion S horsepower, we think the 2016 Honda Accord LX has proven itself as the superior sedan. But we need to know what you think. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you today to take the new Accord for a test drive and experience it for yourself.