The 2016 Honda Civic passenger volume is just one of the many areas in which this small sedan sets itself apart from competing small cars. You see, the Civic might technically be a small sedan, but when we’ve gotten behind the wheel with Albany area drivers, many are surprised at just how spacious this five-passenger car is. To give you an idea of how much room you and your family or friends will have to stretch out and get comfortable, we’ve compared the Civic to some of its top competitors.
The 2016 Honda Civic passenger volume offers 97.8 cubic feet for its five seats, giving it a huge advantage over some competitors and edging out quite a few others. Here’s how the competing sedans stack up:
- A 2017 Hyundai Elantra has only 95.8 cubic feet of passenger space, and its smaller size carries over to the trunk as well (detailed below).
- 2016 Dodge Dart models have 97.2 cubic feet of passenger space, coming close to the Civic but still not making the most of its interior.
- The 2016 Subaru Impreza sedan models feature 96.9 cubic feet of passenger room with a trunk that’s smaller than the Civic’s, too (see our cargo comparison below).
- Each 2016 Toyota Corolla has just 97.5 cubic feet of passenger space, and when it comes to cargo room, the trunk is smaller as well (detailed below).
- 2016 Kia Forte sedans seat five, but when it comes to interior space, they have only 96.2 cubic feet of passenger room.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Cruze Limited has only 94.6 cubic feet of passenger space.
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta models have 94.1 cubic feet of passenger space for a significantly smaller cabin.
- The 2016 Volkswagen Golf sedan has just 93.5 cubic feet of passenger space and is one of the smallest of the lot.
- Each 2016 Nissan Sentra has only 95.9 cubic feet of passenger room to offer.
While the backseat is always fair game for groceries and backpacks, if you have the car filled with passengers, the trunk needs to have enough room for their stuff. The 2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan has 15.1 cubic feet of space in the trunk.
- 2017 Hyundai Elantra models have just 14.4 cubic feet of trunk space. Now that you’ve seen the Elantra is smaller all around, be sure to read our full 2017 Hyundai Elantra review to see all the other differences between it and the Civic.
- 2016 Subaru Impreza sedans have only 12.0 cubic feet of trunk space.
- 2016 Toyota Corolla models do better than the Impreza but still come up short of the Civic with just 13.0 cubic feet in the trunk.
Test Drive a Civic
The 2016 Honda Civic passenger volume puts the idea of a cramped small car out to pasture, but it’s just one of the advantages of the sedan. Albany area drivers, come take a new Civic for a test drive at a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you; we can’t wait to put you behind the wheel.
Capital Region Honda Dealers includes Lia Honda, Keeler Honda, Mohawk Honda, Carbone Honda of Bennington, D’Ella Honda of Glens Falls, Rensselaer Honda, Bedard Bros. Honda, and Saratoga Honda.