Now that it’s in stock and ready to be driven home from a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you, we wanted to give you a look at one of the things we love most about the 2016 Honda HR-V: mpg. There’s a lot to love about Honda’s new compact crossover; it’s sleek, it’s aerodynamic, it’s fun to drive, and it comes in a variety of trim levels. But we think that most drivers will be happiest with just how fuel efficient the new compact crossover is.
Fuel Efficient No Matter the Trim
While the 2016 HR-V has just one engine—a 1.8L four-cylinder with 141 hp and 127 lb-ft of torque—the fuel economy will depend on two different factors: the transmission and whether or not you opt for Honda’s Real Time All-Wheel Drive.
- 2016 Honda HR-V 2WD LX models with a six-speed manual transmission are rated at an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 34 mpg on the highway and 25 mpg in the city.*
- The 2016 Honda HR-V 2WD LX with CVT earns an EPA-estimated 35 highway and 28 city mpg.*
- The 2016 Honda HR-V AWD LX (with CVT) is rated at an EPA-estimated 32 highway and 27 city mpg.*
If you were wondering why you would settle for anything less than the most efficient HR-V, here’s a quick look at the benefits of each transmission as well as why you may want Honda’s Real Time All-Wheel Drive on your new crossover:
- Six-speed manual transmission: For fans of the old-school stick shift, this transmission allows you to have greater control over your gear shifting.
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT): This available transmission is standard on all HR-V AWD models and is able to deliver idealized gear ratios for a given scenario.
- Real Time All-Wheel Drive: Honda’s all-wheel drive system kicks in automatically when it notices you’ve lost traction, sending power to the rear wheels to help get a better grip on the road.
Find Your HR-V Today
We think that the 2015 Honda HR-V mpg numbers speak for themselves; no matter which of these new compact crossovers you choose, you’ll have a fuel-efficient new vehicle on your hands. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer today to take an HR-V for a test drive.