Albany area drivers in search of the most capable minivan have hopefully already seen the 2016 Honda Odyssey interior space specs, detailing one of the most accommodating family vehicles on the market as well as one with an incredible amount of cargo storage space when you need it.
We know that many drivers expect a spacious cabin and an easily expandable cargo area in their minivans, but how many competing models actually deliver on that expectation? We put the Odyssey up against some of its top competitors to give you an idea.
At a bare minimum, a family vehicle needs to have room for the whole family, and if it has space for friends or soccer gear, all the better. Here’s how the passenger space compares between the Odyssey and four competing minivans:
- 2016 Honda Odyssey models offer up to 172.6 cubic feet of passenger space, giving it a leg up on nearly all of its competitors.
- While the 2016 Chrysler Town & Country might receive its fair share of attention, its cabin is actually much smaller than Honda’s minivan at 162.8 cubic feet.
- 2016 Toyota Sienna minivans offer a bit more space than the Chrysler, but only a bit at 164.4 cubic feet.
- 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan models are similarly positioned to the Sienna with 163.5 cubic feet of passenger space.
- The 2016 Kia Sedona comes the closest to the Odyssey’s interior volume, but at 172.3 cubic feet, it’s still a bit on the small side.
See how advantages like interior space work together with tech features and other amenities to boost the 2016 Honda Odyssey residual value.
We know that most minivans don’t fill all seven or eight of their seats every day, and in fact many families expect to fold down those rear seats regularly to have more room for cargo space. If you guessed that because the 2016 Honda Odyssey interior space offers more room for passengers, it would have more space for cargo, you’re right.
- The 2016 Honda Odyssey LX starts off with 38.4 cubic feet of cargo space, but if you fold down the rear seating, you can expand the cargo volume to as much as 148.5 cubic feet.
- With the 2016 Chrysler Town & Country‘s smaller size, you can expect it to have less cargo space as well, and it does—33.0 cubic feet of regular room and 143.8 cubic feet of max cargo.
- A 2016 Nissan Quest might compete with the Odyssey in some ways, but not in cargo space—it only has 25.7 cubic feet (expanding to just 108.4 cubic feet).
- Kia’s 2016 Sedona only offers 33.9 cubic feet of cargo storage behind its third row, and it only expands to 142.0 cubic feet.
- Each 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan has up to 33.0 cubic feet of cargo room, expanding to a max of 143.8 cubic feet—see how the 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan review breaks down all of the other differences between it and the Odyssey.
Test Drive an Odyssey
The best way to see how welcoming the 2016 Honda Odyssey interior space is is to get behind the wheel and explore it firsthand. Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you for a test drive today.
Capital Region Honda Dealers includes Lia Honda, Keeler Honda, Mohawk Honda, Carbone Honda of Bennington, D’Ella Honda of Glens Falls, Rensselaer Honda, Bedard Bros. Honda, and Saratoga Honda.