The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Technology Features
Starting with the entry-level Hybrid trim, the 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid sets a high bar for technology. Many of the features that you’ll find as standard mainstays on the Accord Hybrid you would be hard-pressed to find on competitive entry-level models. Standard features include:
- Remote Engine Start – Start the Accord Hybrid remotely so when you do get in, the temperature inside is just right. If it is more than 82 degrees outside, the Accord Hybrid will automatically pump out cool air. And if it a cold day, less than 40 degrees, defrosters will automatically come on.
- Eco Assist System – Drive more efficiently with the ECON button and Eco Coaching feature.
- Push-Button Start – Leave your keys in your pocket or purse and start the Accord Hybrid with just the touch of a button.
- HomeLInk Remote System – Link up to three remote control devices around your home including garage doors, thermostats, or home security systems from inside the Accord Hybrid.
- 12-Volt Power Outlets – There are two 12-volt power outlets up front and in the center console, so you can charge and power up any device on the go.
- Bluetooth Streaming Audio and HandsFreeLink – Connect and sync up compatible Bluetooth devices and gain hands-free access to music, content, and controls, keeping your hands safely on the wheel.
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control – The Accord Hybrid will automatically lower the audio volume when the Accord is cruising at a slower pace, such as through a crowded parking lot. Hit the open road again, and the tunes will continue to crank out as before.
- Illuminated Steering Wheel–Mounted Controls – Control audio, phone, and cruise control right at your fingertips on the steering wheel.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines – Drivers can choose between three different modes of viewing: normal view, wide view, and top-down. The guidelines help drivers back in and out of tight spaces with ease.
Safety Technology and the Honda Sensing Suite
The Accord Hybrid comes with a package of safety features and the Honda Sensing Suite, which together help drivers see more, do more, and drive better on the road. Some of these features include:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – This system can detect if an oncoming vehicle or other object is dangerously approaching the Accord Hybrid and can employ the brakes automatically in order to avoid a collision.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – This system can detect if the Accord Hybrid has dangerously passed lane lines and road markers and can automatically brake to keep the Accord from going off the road.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – No matter the road situation, with this system the Accord has added vehicle stability and extra traction for slippery, wet, or adverse road conditions.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – This system will keep the Accord Hybrid steady in the middle of the lane on the highway, and if sway is detected, it can gently nudge the steering wheel to keep the vehicle centered.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Drivers can set their desired speed and distance from the vehicle ahead of them on the road. This adaptive system can adjust the speed accordingly to keep the Accord in the natural flow of traffic.
- Honda LaneWatch – A small camera on the passenger-side mirror will activate a live feed on the Display Audio touchscreen when a right lane change is signaled.
Technology isn’t the only thing going for the Accord Hybrid. There are several other standard features that add comfort, convenience, and even luxury inside. Other features you can expect to find on even the entry-level trim include:
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
- Power Windows with Auto-Up/Down
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Rear Window Defroster
- Lockable Glove Compartment
- Center Console with Armrest and Storage Compartment
- Map Lights
More Technology in the Upper Trims
For drivers who want even more technology than the standard Hybrid model, the EX-L and Touring models build upon the list from the base model to provide an even more robust list of technology and features. These features, such as a navigation system and upgraded touchscreen, can make the driving experience even more refined, relaxed, and enjoyable. Some of the features you’ll find in the upper trim levels include:
- Pandora Compatibility
- Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- 7-inch Display Audio Touchscreen with Customizable Feature Settings
Other Comfort Features
The EX-L and Touring trim models also have upgraded comfort features from the entry-level model. For drivers who want to explore these models, you’ll find features such as:
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Heated Front Seats
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Auto High-Beam Headlights