Your 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Trim Levels
The entry-level LX is proof that the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan trim levels
are going somewhere exciting and new. Gone are the days of needing to upgrade for day-to-day conveniences and modern technology features. In addition to its powerful and efficient engine, drivers can even add on Honda Sensing safety features for advanced accident prevention technologies—competing sedans frequently reserve these kinds of features for the top trims.
- Powertrain: A 2.0L 4-cylinder is standard on the Civic, rated at 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque and paired to either a 6-speed manual or continuously variable transmission. 2017 Civic Sedan LX CVT models earn an EPA-estimated 40 highway and 31 city mpg.**
- Technology: Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, full power accessories, LED taillights and daytime running lights, 5-inch central LCD display, and USB audio input make up the essentials for a modern sedan.
- Safety: A multi-angle rearview camera joins the suite of airbags, standard three-point seat belts, and ACE Body Structure to give the entry-level Civic one of the strongest safety profiles. Looking for more? Honda Sensing is available and adds on driver assist and accident prevention features detailed on the Touring trim below.
Stepping up from the already well-appointed LX trim, the EX brings new connectivity and convenience features to the Civic as well as a few choice exterior upgrades. Priced at $21,140 (MSRP),* this Civic goes toe-to-toe with upper trim levels of competing small cars without compromising on value.
- Connectivity: The EX upgrades the cabin with a 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto so it’s easy for you to stay connected. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto both bring familiar smartphone apps right to the Civic dashboard.
- Convenience: Remote engine start, push-button ignition, and Smart Entry all make getting into, out of, and starting your car quick and easy. Heated side mirrors melt away fog and ice, and the one-touch power moonroof lets fresh air in during the nicer months. The Honda LaneWatch camera gives you an expanded view of the passenger blind spot when changing lanes, too.
- Entertainment: Syncing up your smartphone through the new Display Audio interface makes managing in-vehicle entertainment all the easier. An eight-speaker 180-watt stereo system delivers your driving soundtrack, whether streaming, HD radio, or SiriusXM.
Upgrading to the EX-T trim gives you access to Honda’s 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, boosting the power of the Civic while remaining incredibly efficient. Priced at $21,500 (MSRP) for the 6MT model,* the EX-T offers a boost in tech as well as power.
- Powertrain: The turbocharged engine makes its appearance here, rated at 174 hp and up to 167 lb-ft of torque (162 lb-ft on CVT models). 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T CVT models earn an EPA-estimated 42 highway and 32 city mpg.**
- Exterior Upgrades: A set of fog lights graces the front while a body-color deck-lid spoiler rests on the rear. In between is a set of four 17-inch alloy wheels to lift the Civic up a bit higher.
- Comfort Features: More than just sporty and good looking, the EX-T starts to add on the comfort features with heated front seating and dual-zone automatic climate control.
Drivers seeking more in the way of luxury will be happy to see what this 2017 Honda Civic Sedan trim brings to the table. The EX-L offers creature comforts and includes some available technology upgrades that elevate the Civic to new heights, and it’s priced at only $23,800 (MSRP).*
- Performance Upgrades: The CVT becomes the standard transmission on the Civic when switching to the EX-L trim, and the leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob ensure you’ve got a solid grip when putting that turbo to the test.
- Comfort and Luxury: Joining the leather steering wheel and shift knob is a cabin with leather-trimmed seating as well as an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat for max comfort.
- Navigation: The EX-L trim is available with Honda’s state-of-the-art satellite-linked navigation, complete with traffic re-routing, point-of-interest locator, and 3D mapping.
As the top of the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan trim levels, the Touring represents all this car can be, having no trouble competing with luxury vehicles while remaining affordably priced at $26,600 (MSRP).* In addition to stylistic upgrades like chrome door handles and side mirror LED turn indicators, you’ll find the following amenities added onto the features of the EX-L model.
- Honda Sensing: Standard on the Touring, Honda Sensing includes Collision Mitigation Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and more.
- Entertainment: A 450-watt premium stereo system with 10 speakers (including a subwoofer) joins the advanced connectivity and entertainment features of lower trim levels to give you a listening experience like no other.
- Comfort: Heated outboard rear seats join the heated front seats so it’s easy for front and rear passengers to warm up in the winter. A power-adjustable front passenger seat lets your navigator get comfy, too.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.