The region surrounding Albany, known to locals as the Capital Region, is replete with attractions and destinations that are worth your gas mileage to get there. If you’d like to go exploring without spending a fortune on fuel, we invite you to take a look at our top 10 reasons why the 2017 Honda Fit is the perfect road-tripper. The Fit’s incredible fuel economy is certainly one of the reasons—but there are many others that may surprise you!
10 Reasons to Drive the Fit
Whether the road trip you’re planning is a one-day affair or will take you across multiple states over multiple days, the Honda Fit is the perfect choice as your automotive companion—and the reasons are many and varied!
- Fuel Economy: The Honda Fit is truly a superstar when it comes to fuel economy, with LX CVT models delivering an EPA-estimated 33 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.* With all the money you’ll be saving in fuel costs on your trip, you might just be able to afford to patronize some nicer hotels and restaurants!
- Cargo Space: The Honda Fit lives up to its name, delivering plenty of room for drivers and passengers to “fit” the luggage they need to take along with them. With the rear seat upright, the Fit serves up 16.6 cubic feet of cargo volume; with the rear seat folded down, that figure grows to an incredible 52.7 cubic feet.
- Passenger Space: Despite its subcompact size, the Honda Fit packs a lot of space into its interior—plenty for you and your friends to settle in comfortably for the long haul. Enjoy seating for five and up to 95.7 cubic feet of passenger room!
- Utility Mode: Onboard the Honda Fit, a standard 60/40-split 2nd-Row Magic Seat provides plentiful options for configuring the interior to deliver optimum seating-versus-cargo space. When you need maximum cargo room, fold down the Magic Seat completely to open up the Fit’s 52.7 cubic feet of total cargo space. That’s enough room to fit in a small couch!
- Long Mode: Another seating configuration is Long Mode. Fold down both passenger-side seats (front and back) to make way for long items, like your surfboard if the beach is one of your road trip destinations.
- Tall Mode: If you need to transport something tall, simply remove the headrests from the rear seats and fold the seats up to create up to 4 feet of cargo space from floor to ceiling.
- Refresh Mode: Need a rest from the road? If you’re getting too tired to drive, simply pull over and configure the Fit’s seats into Refresh mode. Fold the front seats back and recline the rear seats to create a long, comfy napping spot right inside your car.
- High-Tech Entertainment: The Fit also packs in plenty of technology to keep you and your buddies entertained out on the road. Included are features like Bluetooth Streaming Audio, an available 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen, available SiriusXM Satellite Radio, available HD Radio, available Pandora compatibility, USB and HDMI ports, and available HondaLink.
- Safety Features: It’s also good to feel secure when you’re out on the road, and the Honda Fit delivers state-of-the-art safety and driver-assist features to help protect you and your passengers, including a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, available Honda LaneWatch, and more.
- MSRP: Last but not the least, the Honda Fit’s price makes it the perfect road trip companion. The Fit LX 6MT is priced at just $15,990 MSRP**—now that’s a budget-friendly price tag!
Let’s Get You on the Road!
Drivers can check out the 2017 Honda Fit in person at any Capital Region Honda Dealers location. Stop in and see us or contact us today to take the Fit for a test drive!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.
**MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge, and options. Dealers set own prices.