Honda Accord Engine Specs Reveal a Midsize Sedan Offering Energetic Performance
Honda Accord Horsepower and Torque
The 2019 Honda Accord delivers power as standard that reaches deep to deliver outstanding performance whether you’re accelerating from standstill or passing into the fast lane. For those who thirst for a track-like drive, an available upgrade can push things further.
- 1.5L In-Line 4-Cylinder with Turbocharger: Makes up to 192 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L In-Line 4-Cylinder with Turbocharger: Makes up to 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque.
That kind of standard power puts the Honda Accord considerably ahead of most rival midsize sedans.
- Ford Fusion: Up to 173 hp and 174 lb-ft of torque.
- Mazda6: Up to 187 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque.
- Hyundai Sonata: Up to 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque.
- Kia Optima: Up to 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque.
Even with all those horses and torque, the Honda Accord keeps your drive whisper-quiet by utilizing Active Noise Cancellation™ (ANC) across all trim levels.
Honda Accord Fuel Economy
The Honda brand has developed a reputation for making spirited performance and wallet-friend fuel efficiency go hand in hand. The Honda Accord follows that tradition by offering a wide range of fuel-sipping transmissions to suit every kind of driver.
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission (6MT): Ideal for those who like direct control, swift-changing 6-speed manual comes as standard.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode: CVT systems use a belt-based system to constantly vary speed. Performance is seamless since shifts are never required.
- 10-Speed Automatic Transmission (10AT): 10 separate gear ratios provide flawless performance whether maneuvering at low speeds or cruising on the highway. Paddle shifters allow for direct control when needed.
You’ll also get an Eco Assist™ System with each model that monitors your driving style and displays how it is impacting fuel economy. Over time, you’ll learn to maintain a more fuel-efficient driving style.
Honda Accord Performance Features
Plenty of drivers do no more than look at horsepower and torque ratings to determine how well a vehicle is going to perform, but there are plenty of further features involved in bringing Honda Accord performance to new heights.
Just a few include:
- 3 Mode Drive System: Cycle between three drive modes (ECON/Sport/Normal) to adjust throttle response and other characteristics around performance, efficiency, or a happy blend of the two.
- Adaptive Damper System: Actively controls suspension action for the smoothest drive possible. As noted by The Car Connection, “adaptive dampers help the Accord feel composed and confident when the road turns into a workout, relaxed and sedate everywhere else”.
- High-Grade Suspension: Each Honda Accord uses MacPherson strut front suspension and multi-link rear suspension to perfectly iron out the road below.
- Driveby Wire Throttle System: Fitted as standard with the 10-speed transmission, Drive by Wire replaces mechanical steering components with electrical ones for finer control and the adoption of semi-autonomous driving technology.
Honda Accord Active Safety Features
Active safety features help keep your car under control to avoid collisions and other accidents, and they’re also responsible for sharpening up performance. As such, the latest Honda Accord carries a vast selection as standard, including the following highlights.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control: Monitors a wide array of drive characteristics to detect and correct oversteer or understeer during cornering for added stability.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD): The amount of braking force applied to each wheel is intelligently varied according to road conditions, speed, loading, and other factors to ensure proper stopping power.
- Brake Assist: When you need to come to an emergency stop, Brake Assist helps make it happen.