Honda Safety Features Deliver Cutting-Edge Protection as Standard
Honda Sensing Driver Assistance
The latest Honda Accord brings state of the art driver assistance technology as standard across all trims. These features augment your awareness, warn you of potential danger, and even act semi-autonomously for added convenience and protection.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): You’ll receive a warning if a potential frontal collision is detected. Fail to heed it in time and your brakes will be applied automatically to avoid an impact or lessen its severity.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM): A camera reads markings used to indicate the edge of a road. If you start to cross them, corrective steering pressure will bring you back.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: Set your cruising speed as normal, then watch as ACC adjusts it up and down automatically to keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the one ahead.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): If you start deviating from your chosen lane without signaling, audible and visual warnings will alert you. Corrective steering pressure will then re-center your vehicle.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): Traffic sign information is recognized by a front-facing camera and relayed to your Display Audio display.
All vehicles also come fitted with a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera that can cycle between three viewing angles (Normal, Top-down, and Wide) for a perfect view of what’s behind you.
Available Driver Assistance Features
Ever willing to go the extra mile, the new Honda Accord complements its generous selection of standard driver assistance features with two available upgrades.
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI): Provides an indicator on the appropriate side mirror if a vehicle enters your blind spot, then sounds a warning if you attempt an unsafe lane change.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor: The Honda Accord can scan for vehicles approaching from left and right as you reverse and let you know when one is detected.
Active Safety Features
Active safety features are designed to help you maintain control and stay visible – they’re what help ensure accidents are avoided. The Honda Accord brings a strong selection as standard.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control: Monitors key driving characteristics to detect understeer and help you maintain traction through very twist and turn.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): When you slam on the brakes, ABS prevents the wheels locking up to ensure you never start skidding.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD): Braking pressure is divided intelligently between wheels to provide superior stopping power.
- Brake Assist: When you need to make an emergency stop, Brake Assist senses the increased pressure and helps slow the vehicle faster.
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL): Provides low-level lighting during the day that’s proven to increase visibility and reduce accidents.
The 2019 Honda Accord is built around an Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body that works to direct crash energy away from the passenger compartment in the event of a collision. It’s one of the Honda’s most important passive safety features, those used to protect you from harm if an accident ever takes place.
Further features include:
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Knee Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov