In years past, our friends and neighbors in the Capital Region have gravitated toward big and bulky SUVs in order to ensure the safety of their passengers. Today, safety-conscious drivers can also explore exciting Honda hybrids like the 2019 Honda Insight, which combines incredible fuel economy with some of the smartest safety technology on the market. Of course, you don’t have to take our word for it. According to the experts at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the 2019 Honda Insight’s safety rating can’t be beat! This year’s model has just been given the coveted Top Safety Pick+ designation, and once you’ve had the chance to explore its myriad safety features, you’ll have no trouble seeing why.
All-Around, Superior Safety
The Insight’s performance in the IIHS’s comprehensive collision tests has left very little room for criticism. In order to be named as a Top Safety Pick+, a vehicle must offer dependable protection from all front and side collisions. It must also offer an ‘Advanced’ or a ‘Superior’ Front Crash Protection System, as well as ‘Good’ available headlights. The Insight met, and in many cases exceeded, each of these qualifications with ease, earning top marks in nearly every category!
Honda Insight Safety Features
Almost all of the models in Honda’s lineup offer top-of-the-line safety technologies, and the Insight is no exception! In contrast to many of its competitors, the Honda Insight’s AI-powered driver assistance tech comes standard in its baseline trim, and that’s not all that sets this unique sedan apart. We’ve highlighted a few of this model’s most exciting safety features in the space below.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow (Honda Sensing feature)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (Honda Sensing feature)
- Honda LaneWatch (EX and Touring trims)
Take the Insight for a Test Drive!
Curious drivers can learn more about the Honda Insight safety rating by reaching out to an expert at their local Capital Region Honda Dealer—and once you’ve seen enough, don’t hesitate to schedule a test drive! Start exploring our current offers today.