As US News writes of the 2019 Honda Odyssey, “its fuel economy estimates are among the best in the class for a nonhybrid, and it delivers a smooth ride and solid performance.” With everything from onboard technology to Honda Odyssey fuel economy impressing, it’s no wonder they have it ranked first in the minivan class.
For a quick taste of how the Honda Odyssey has reinvented minivan performance and efficiency, read on to explore:
- MPG Ratings
- Efficiency Features
Honda Odyssey Powertrain and MPG
You might associate minivans with lackluster performance, but the Honda Odyssey sets a new standard by fitting a 3.5L i-VTEC® V6 engine across all trim levels for up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque. That’s the same engine used in the Honda Ridgeline light truck and Honda Pilot 3-row SUV, so there’s a refreshingly responsive edge to your drive.
Engine output is sent through one of two transmissions:
- LX, EX, and EX-L Trims: 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (9AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters
- Touring and Elite Trims: 10-Speed Automatic Transmission (10AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters
Regardless of transmission type, all Honda Odyssey trim levels deliver:
- Up to an EPA-Estimated 19 mpg in the City and 28 on the Highway*
The Honda Odyssey achieves its blend of commanding performance and fuel-friendly MPG ratings by fitting some of the most advanced efficiency features available, including:
- Direct Fuel Injection: With fuel injection controlled by a sophisticated computer, efficiency increases and emissions decrease.
- Eco Assist™ System: Displays how your driving behavior impacts fuel consumption, encouraging you into a more efficient drive over time.
- Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®): Two engine cylinders are automatically shut off during steady cruising to keep fuel consumption to a minimum.
- Idle-Stop (with 10-Speed AT): Shuts the engine down when you come to a stop and then instantly starts it up when your foot hits the gas.
The 2019 Honda Odyssey Rewrites Everything You Think You Know About Minivan Efficiency
Whether you’re interested in Honda Odyssey cargo space or want to talk through Honda Odyssey MPG ratings, the team at your local Capital Region Honda dealer can be of assistance. To find out more or explore the latest special offers, feel free to contact us today.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.