Anyone looking for a minivan will eventually compare 2019 Honda Odyssey vs. the 2019 Toyota Sienna. With that in mind, we’ve pitted the Honda Odyssey Elite against the Toyota Sienna Limited Premium. These are the most advanced models carried by each nameplate, so what better way to see how Honda stacks up against Toyota?
The Honda Odyssey Elite already has the price advantage, priced at $46,970* to the Toyota’s $47,530.
Read on to see how they differ on:
The Honda Odyssey made 5-stars in the following NHTSA** simulations:
- Overall Front Star Rating
- Front Passenger Side
In contrast, the Toyota only earned 4-stars, and it entirely lacks the Odyssey’s available Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM).
The Honda Odyssey Elite and Toyota Sienna Limited Premium offer comparable space behind the 3rd row, but the Honda pulls way ahead when you start folding seats:
- Cargo Space Behind the 2nd Row: Up to 92 cubic feet in the Honda vs. just 87.1 in the Toyota.
- Cargo Space Behind the 1st Row: Up to 158 cubic feet in the Honda vs. just 150 in the Toyota.
The Honda’s cargo dimensions don’t come at the cost of passenger space. Just check out how legroom compares:
- 1st Row Legroom: Up to 40.9 inches in the Honda vs. 40.5 in the Toyota.
- 2nd Row Legroom: Up to 40.9 inches in the Honda vs. 37.6 in the Toyota.
- 3rd Row Legroom: Up to 38.1 inches in the Honda vs. 36.3 in the Toyota.
The Honda Odyssey Elite complements its family-friendly space with features entirely unavailable with the Toyota Sienna, including:
- CabinTalk™ In-Car PA System
- CabinWatch® Rear Seat Monitor
- HondaVAC® Inbuilt Vacuum
- Android Auto
The Honda Odyssey Bests the Toyota Sienna by Quite a Margin
Whether comparing price or looking at available features, the Honda clearly comes out ahead. In the words of Edmunds.com: “This 2019 Odyssey is, in most ways, a cut above the competition”. Explore current offers or arrange a test drive by visiting your Capital Region Honda dealer or contacting us directly.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $995.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov