The Honda Passport tends to draw drivers in with a blend of V6 power as standard, top-tier technology, and incredibly spacious dimensions, but safety is no less impressive. In fact, the new NHTSA Honda Passport safety rating just came in at an unbeatable 5-stars*, and that level of crashworthiness is backed by a wide selection of forward-thinking safety features.
With that in mind, read on to explore:
- Honda Passport NHTSA Safety Rating
- Honda Passport Passive Safety Features
- Honda Passport Active Safety Features
Honda Passport NHTSA Safety Rating
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) puts each new vehicle through its paces and awards a score as part of its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). Even though tests have become more rigorous, the Honda Passport still earned a 5-star Overall Vehicle Score.
That’s the highest available overall safety rating issued by the NHTSA!
Honda Passport Passive Safety Features
Passive safety features are responsible for protecting you from harm in the unlikely event of a collision. Honda’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure uses a network of front-frame structures to absorb and deflect impact energy, and further features include:
- Advanced Front Airbags
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Three-Row Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- 3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
Honda Passport Active Safety Features
Active safety features prevent accidents from occurring in the first place, and the Honda Passport provides cutting-edge driver assistance features as standard across all trims, including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Further active safety features include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Available Blind Spot Information System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
Honda Passport Safety Features and Scores Rank it Among the Safest Crossovers
Every Honda AWD vehicle offers exceptional safety, and you’ll find them all alongside tempting new vehicle specials at your local Capital Region Honda dealer. To find out more, simply contact us today.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.