Drivers looking for a spacious and well-fitted SUV often find themselves comparing Honda Passport vs. Pilot. We have a soft spot for both models, but they’ve certainly been designed for different kinds of drivers. With that in mind, we’ve put together a quick overview to help you see where each one stands when it comes to:
- Base Price and Trims
- Performance and Efficiency
- Seating Capacity and Cargo
There are few better places to start than base price, and you’ll find the Honda Passport and Honda Pilot coming in very close.
- Honda Passport Price: Priced at $31,990 MSRP with FWD or $33,350 with AWD*.
- Honda Pilot Price: Priced at $31,450 MSRP with FWD or $33,890 MSRP with AWD*.
Of course, you’ll have more than just one trim level option. The Honda Passport offers the Sport, EX-L, Touring, and Elite, while the Honda Pilot offers the LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite.
Top level models come with AWD as standard and are priced at:
- $48,020 MSRP for the Honda Pilot Elite AWD*
- $43,680 MSRP for the Honda Passport Elite AWD*
Performance and Efficiency
Honda Passport HP comes in at the same as Honda Pilot HP since both models are fitted with a 280 hp, 262 lb-ft of torque engine as standard. Honda Passport towing capacity and Honda Pilot towing capacity ratings are both 3,500 lbs. with FWD or 5,000 lbs. AWD.
The only difference comes in terms of efficiency:
- Honda Passport MPG: Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway**.
- Honda Pilot MPG: Up to an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 27 on the highway**.
Seating Capacity and Cargo
Interior space probably represents the most important difference between the Pilot and Passport, so here are all the relevant specs:
- Honda Passport Seating: Up to 5.
- Honda Pilot Seating: Up to 8.
- Honda Passport Cargo Volume: Up to 50.5 cubic feet as standard or 100.7 behind the 1st row.
- Honda Pilot Cargo Volume: Up to 16.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the 3rd row, 46.8 behind the 2nd, or 83.9 behind the 1st.
Compare the 2019 Pilot and Passport Head-to-Head at Your Local Honda Showroom
To find out more or arrange a test drive in the Honda Pilot, Passport, or any other AWD Honda vehicle, feel free to visit your local Capital Region Honda dealer today. To explore current specials, don’t hesitate to contact us.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,045.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.