Drivers on the hunt for the safest SUVs now have one more exciting option to consider! The 2019 Honda Pilot safety rating is, according to the experts at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the highest that any vehicle can receive. Thanks in part to the inclusion of standard Honda Sensing safety features, this year’s Pilot is a Top Safety Pick+, and that means that it’s the perfect All-Wheel Drive Honda for the Capital Region’s busy, growing families.
What Makes a Top Safety Pick+?
In order to receive the IIHS’s Top Safety Pick+ award, a vehicle needs to offer exceptional, dependable, and well-rounded safety features that benefit everyone seated in the cabin.
- A ‘Good’ rating in Driver-Side Small Overlap Front collisions and Moderate Overlap Front collisions.
- A ‘Good’ rating in Side, Roof Strength and Head Restraint tests.
- An ‘Acceptable’ or good rating in Passenger-Side Small Overlap collisions
- Available ‘Advanced’ or ‘Superior’ Front Crash Protection Systems
- Available Headlights with a ‘Good’ Rating
Honda Pilot Safety Features
Although no vehicle is complete without a full set of airbags, seatbelts, headrests, and child protections, only those models that go the extra mile will be able to earn the Top Safety Pick+ designation. Since Honda Sensing comes standard on every model, the Pilot is more than well-equipped to prevent crashes—but these are hardly the only safety features that distinguish this one-of-a-kind SUV. The list below features a few of the Pilot’s most exciting technologies, and unless we note otherwise, they’re standard in the baseline LX trim level.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Automatic High-Beam Headlights
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Honda Sensing feature)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (Honda Sensing feature)
- Blind Spot Monitoring System with Cross-Traffic Monitor (Standard in EX and up)
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management (I-VTM4) All-Wheel Drive (Available in LX and up, Standard in Elite)
Take the Pilot for a Test Drive!
Don’t miss your chance to experience one of the safest SUVs for yourself. The Honda Pilot’s safety rating makes it a superior option for the Capital Region’s drivers, and when you take advantage of our current offers, you can drive it off our lot for a price you won’t believe. Contact your local dealership to take your turn behind the wheel today.