The 2020 Honda Passport towing capacity lets you haul a surprising amount behind this all-new crossover SUV. Unlike rival models, it’s able to provide creature comforts and a car-like drive without sacrificing the kind of capability drivers used to expect from the segment.
To find out more, simply read on to explore:
- Honda Passport Horsepower and Torque
- Honda Passport Maximum Tow Ratings
- Honda Passport Towing Package
Honda Passport Horsepower and Torque
As noted by critics from Edmunds: “The Passport is easily a class leader in terms of the on-road driving experience.”That kind of unrivalled performance is what happens when you fit a 3.5L V6 engine across all trims. Hit the gas and you’ll find yourself in command of up to:
- 280 hp
- 262 lb-ft of torque
You’ll experience precision control and responsive performance whether accelerating from standstill or cruising at higher speeds, and that remains true even with a heavy load towed behind you. At the same time, an Active Control Engine Mount System (ACM) and Active Noise Cancellation™ (ANC) are always at work for a quiet and serene driving experience.
Honda Passport Maximum Tow Ratings
How much can the Honda Passport tow? You’re looking at:
- 3,500 lbs. with 2WD*: Even the standard Passport can take snowmobiles, smaller watercraft, light trailers, and utility trailers.
- 5,000 lbs. with i-VTM4® All-Wheel-Drive (AWD)*: Upgrade to AWD for added off-road confidence and the ability to handle recreational boats and hard-side towable RVs.
All models have a 350 lbs. tongue weight.
Honda Passport Towing Package
The 2020 Honda Passport towing package lets drivers with a focus on capability take full advantage of the vehicle’s compelling engine output and maximum towing specs. The Honda Passport towing package includes:
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Provides a Ball Mount Receiver, retaining pin, and clip.
- Trailer Hitch Harness: Uses a 7-Pin round-style connector
- Trailer Hitch Locking Pin: Provides enhanced security
- Trailer Hitch Ball: Available in 17/8-in or 2-in
2020 Honda Passport Combines On-Road Refinement with Exceptional Capability
The Honda Passport is just as comfortable towing heavy across backcountry trails as it is swinging through the city. To find out more or hear about current specials, don’t hesitate to contact us today or pay a visit to your local Capital Region Honda showroom.
*Towing capacity can be increased to 5,000 lbs. on Passport AWD models with dealer-installed ATF cooler accessory.
All Trailer Hitch accessories are sold separately.