The 2020 Honda Pilot has been described by The Car Connection as “a three-row family crossover at the top of its class.” One of the few 3-row SUVs able to handle serious hauling and off-road pursuits, it boasts exceptional power across the board, strong capability ratings, and innovative towing features.
With that in mind, read on to explore:
- 2020 Honda Pilot Engine Specs
- 2020 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity
- 2020 Honda Pilot Towing Package
2020 Honda Pilot Engine Specs
The 2020 Honda Pilot doesn’t make you pay more for the level of power you deserve. Regardless of your chosen trim, a 3.5L 24-Valve SOHC i-VTEC® V6 engine sits beneath the hood for up to:
- 280 hp
- 262 lb-ft of torque.
Direct injection ensures nimble responsiveness in the city and confident passing power on the highway. That power is tamed by:
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (6AT) with LX, EX, and EX-L trims.
- 9-Speed Automatic Transmission (9AT) with Shift-By-Wire (SBW) and Paddle Shifters with Touring, Elite, and Black Edition trims.
2020 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity
How much your Honda Pilot can tow will depend on your chosen drive type. LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring models come as standard with 2WD. Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4®) AWD is available with all trims and comes fitted as standard with the Elite and Black Edition.
All models have a 350 lbs. tongue weight, with tow ratings coming it at:
- Up to 3,500 lbs. with 2WD*.
- Up to 5,000 lbs. with AWD*.
The standard 3,500 lbs. should be enough for small watercraft, snowmobiles, and lightweight trailers. Upgrading to 5,000 lbs. allows you to take things like larger recreation boats and hard-side towable RVs.
2020 Honda Pilot Towing Package
Available 2020 Honda Pilot towing addons** include:
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Provides a Ball Mount Receiver, retaining pin, and clip.
- Trailer Hitch Harness: Features a 7-Pin round-style connector.
- Trailer Hitch Locking Pin: Upgrades security.
- Trailer Hitch Ball: Available in 17/8 inch or 2 inch.
Test Drive the 2020 Honda Pilot at Your Local Honda Showroom
Whether you want to hear about current offers or check out the full Honda AWD lineup, the team at your nearest Montana Honda dealership can help. For any further advice or assistance, simply get in touch today.
*Maximum towing capacity for AWD trims is 5,000 lbs. Maximum towing capacity for 2WD trims is 3,500 lbs. Towing requires the addition of the Honda accessory towing kit, trailer harness and hitch ball. Towing capacity can be increased to 5,000 lbs on Pilot AWD models with dealer-installed ATF cooler accessory. Please see your Honda dealer for details.
**Cannot be installed with Lower Trim – Rear.