Those comparing 2020 Honda Pilot vs. 2020 Acura MDX might expect the Acura MDX to offer significantly more, but the truth is the Honda Pilot still remains competitive even while it starts quite a bit lower. To find out more, simply read on to compare them on:
- Starting Prices
- Power and MPG
- Interior Space
You’ll find the 2020 Honda Pilot available in six trim levels, with prices ranging between:
- Honda Pilot LX: Starting at $31,550 MSRP*
- Honda Pilot Black Edition: Starting at $49,620 MSRP*
The 2020 Acura MDX offers five packages and starts much higher, with entry-level and top-tier trims costing:
- Acura MDX Standard: $44,400 MSRP
- Acura MDX Entertainment Package with Advance Package: $60,150 MSRP
Power and MPG
Compare the Honda Pilot against the Acura MDX on engine specs and you’ll see them running roughly neck-and-neck:
- Honda Pilot: A 3.5L V6 engine makes up to 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
- Acura MDX: A 3.5L V6 engine makes up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
Maximum MPG ratings are equal:
- Honda Pilot: Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with 2WD 9-speed automatic trims**.
- Acura MDX: Up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with FWD trims.
Both models offer three rows, but the Honda Pilot provides significantly more space and accommodates more passengers:
- Maximum Passenger Capacity: Up to 8 with the Honda Pilot vs. 7 with the Acura MDX.
- Maximum Passenger Space: Up to 152.9 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot vs. 132.7 in the Acura MDX.
- Maximum Cargo Space: Up to 109.0 cubic feet in the Honda Pilot vs. 90.9 in the Acura MDX.
Whether you want to bring the whole family or pack in plenty of bits and pieces, generous Honda Pilot dimensions provide better practicality than those of the Acura MDX.
The 2020 Honda Pilot Effortlessly Holds Pace with the 2020 Acura MDX
You can compare Honda Pilot standard features against Acura MDX standard features or check out all our latest specials by visiting your local Capital Region Honda dealer. For any further advice or assistance, feel free to contact us today.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,095.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.