Honda and Toyota often stand head to head, and nowhere is that clearer than when you compare 2020 Honda Pilot vs. 2020 Toyota Highlander. These two 3-row crossover SUVs are at the head of the segment, so anyone looking for a leading model eventually finds themselves choosing between them. With that in mind, we’ve taken an objective look at everything from Honda Pilot standard features and Toyota Highlander standard features to starting prices and MPG ratings to help you choose the ideal model.
Read on to match them up on:
- Starting Prices
- Power and Efficiency
- Interior Space
Six 2020 Honda Pilot trim levels allow you to find a configuration that suits your needs. Prices for entry-level and top-tier models include:
- 2020 Honda Pilot LX 2WD: Priced at $31,650 MSRP*
- 2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition AWD: Priced at $49,620 MSRP*
Prices for entry-level and top-tier Toyota Highlander models include:
- 2020 Toyota Highlander L FWD: Priced at $34,600 MSRP
- 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD: Priced at $48,800 MSRP
The Highlander starts considerably higher and yet ends only slightly lower.
Power and Efficiency
|2020 Honda Pilot LX 2WD||2020 Toyota Highlander L FWD|
|19**||EPA-Estimated City MPG||21|
|27**||EPA-Estimated Highway MPG||29|
Both models deliver a commanding fusion of V6 power as standard and high level efficiency scores.
As written by Cars.com: “Like the Pilot, the Highlander seats up to eight people, though the Honda provides much more cargo space.” Look at Pilot dimensions and you’ll also find the Honda coming out ahead in terms of passenger space:
- Passenger Volume: Up to 152.9 cubic feet in the Honda vs. 141.3 in the Toyota.
- 1st Row Headroom: Up to 40.1 inches in the Honda vs. 39.9 in the Toyota.
- 2nd Row Headroom: Up to 40.2 inches in the Honda vs. 39.4 in the Toyota.
- 3rd Row Headroom: Up to 38.9 inches in the Honda vs. 36.1 in the Toyota.
2020 Honda Pilot Offers Greater Space and Value than the Toyota Highlander
The team at your nearest Capital Region Honda dealer will be happy to talk through anything from 2020 Honda Pilot cargo space to our latest special offers, so don’t hesitate to pay a visit. For any further advice or assistance, feel free to contact us directly.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,120.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.