The 2016 Honda Accord rear legroom is just one of the specs Albany area drivers love about Honda’s midsize sedan. Small and midsize cars have a nasty reputation for having backseats that only have room for kids, and while there are certainly some vehicles that live up to that stereotype, the Accord isn’t one of them. We looked at the rest of the midsize sedans on the market and had trouble finding any with the kind of space found in the Accord.
Stretch Out in an Accord
We know that many drivers worry about having enough space for family and friends in their car and that not all midsize sedans are created to be the same. So we put the Accord up against its top competitors to see just how spacious Honda’s car is:
- 2016 Honda Accord Sedan models feature 38.5 inches of rear legroom.
- A 2016 Ford Fusion might look large from the outside, but the rear only has 38.3 inches of legroom.
- The 2016 Subaru Legacy has 38.1 inches of space for rear passengers to stretch out.
- The 2016 Chrysler 200 has 37.6 inches of legroom for rear passengers.
- The 2016 Chevy Malibu Limited’s rear legroom comes in at just 36.8 inches.
- Each 2016 Nissan Altima Sedan has just 36.1 inches of rear legroom.
- The 2016 Kia Optima’s rear passenger space only has 35.6 inches of legroom.
- The 2016 Subaru Impreza only has 35.4 inches of legroom in the rear, the least of them all.
The differences among some of the models might seem small, but every inch matters when it comes to space in the backseat. Your friends will thank you now, and when the kids grow up, they’ll be grateful for the extra room in the back seat as well.
More Than Just Legroom
Drivers don’t choose a car based just on its legroom, but it’s just one of the specs that has already put countless Albany drivers behind the wheel of the 2016 Honda Accord. Available in six different trim levels on the sedan and five different trims on the coupe, both Accord body styles have something to offer. Even the base-level LX and LX-S trims have a suite of features that put competitors to shame:
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink for phone and audio
- Multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
- Taillights with LED light bars
- Projector-beam halogen headlights
- Lightweight and stylish alloy wheels
Under the hood of each standard Accord is a 2.4L 4-cylinder engine with 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque, but Honda also has a 3.5L V6 engine with 278 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque for drivers seeking a more powerful midsize car.
Get Behind the Wheel of a Honda
Putting the specs of a vehicle in line with its competition is an easy way to find out which one comes out on top, and we think it’s clear that the 2016 Honda Accord’s rear leg room ensures your passengers will have plenty of space to get comfortable. Of course, reading the numbers is entirely different from sitting in the vehicle yourself.
Visit a Capital Region Honda Dealer near you today to see firsthand how spacious the Accord is.