Explore Safety in the 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
The first set of features that we’re going to explore are active safety features. This group of features has the very important job of ensuring that passengers are safe from the second the vehicle starts up until they reach their destinations. To make this possible, the 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback incorporates features such as the following:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control – To mitigate the possibility of skidding during turns or in inclement weather, the VSA system helps keep the car balanced and on track.
- Forward Collision Warning – If the Civic Hatchback is too quickly approaching a car in front of it, this system will set off a series of alarms to let the driver know to put on the brakes.
- Lane Departure Warning – To reduce accidental collisions, the Lane Departure Warning system lets drivers know when they sway from their lane, giving them time to correct it.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – If the Forward Collision Warning isn’t enough, the CMBS will assist in bringing the vehicle to a quick and safe stop.
- Road Departure Mitigation System – If drifting continues after the Lane Departure Warning system kicks in, the RDMS will help correct steering to bring the vehicle back to the middle of the lane.
Next up are passive safety features. These features lie in wait until they’re needed to protect passengers and minimize damage from unavoidable collisions. A few of these features are:
- ACE Body Structure – Advanced compatibility engineering body structures help to distribute crash impact away from passengers to minimize potential damage or injury.
- Airbags – As a safety precaution, the Civic Hatchback is equipped with full airbag coverage thanks to advanced front airbags, SmartVent front side airbags, and side-curtain airbags with rollover sensor.
- Seatbelt Reminder – The seatbelt reminder system utilizes a series of audio alerts to let passengers know it’s time to buckle up.
- LATCH – Keep children nestled safely in the back seat with the help of this secure child safety seat system.
Among the plethora of safety and security features are driver-assistance features. These features give drivers more information about and control over their surroundings, allowing them to be an active part of ensuring a safe driving experience. Civic Hatchback driver-assistance features include:
- Honda LaneWatch – This system displays a real-time view of the lane to your right when you signal to switch, ensuring safer lane changes.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – Similar to the Lane Departure Warning system, this system keeps drivers on track by letting them know if they begin to leave the designated lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow – In addition to providing a relaxing ride, the cruise control system for the Civic Hatchback is great for maintaining a safe following speed and, in turn, helping reduce the chance of accidents.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – Three different angles provide drivers with comprehensive views of the vehicle’s rear before they make their reversing decisions.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System – Staying on top of tire pressure maintenance has never been easier with some help from this monitoring system.