Safety Features of the 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Active and Driver-Assistive Safety Features
The features grouped here work to improve your handling, enhance your visibility, and give you more time to respond to dangers whenever they arise. Although Honda Sensing safety features are not available in the Honda Civic Si Coupe, drivers will still enjoy access to high-end driver-assistive features like Honda LaneWatch.
- Honda LaneWatch: The LaneWatch system makes it a lot easier for drivers to check out their normally hard-to-see righthand blind spot. Whenever you activate your right-hand turn signal, a small screen on your dashboard will display a live video feed of the side of your car, so you’ll be able to change lanes without second guessing yourself.
- LED Daytime Running Lights: There’s no substitute for a clear view of the road ahead! These LED Daytime Running Lights come standard on every Civic Si, and they’re guaranteed to give you more time to respond to obstacles.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: Maneuvering through crowded parking lots can prove to be a challenge, even for the most experienced drivers. The Civic Si Coupe offers a standard rearview camera that offers Wide Angle, Normal, and Top-Down Viewing Modes. The system’s Dynamic Guidelines move as you turn the steering wheel, so you can find that sweet spot every time you parallel park.
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control: The best defense is a good offense, and with Vehicle Stability Assistance, you’ll enjoy superior handling, even on less-than-hospitable terrain. VSA with Traction Control adjusts the speed at which your wheels turn when you’re going around a curve or making a sharp turn, to help you stay grounded on all four wheels.
Passive Safety Features in the Civic Si Coupe
Small cars are getting tougher by the year, and the 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe is no exception. This year’s model comes standard with a full suite of passive safety features, and each one helps to reduce the threat posed by unavoidable collisions.
- Seat Belts and LATCH System: Each of the seatbelts in the Civic Si Coupe offers 3-point protection, and those designed for front-seat passengers also provide automatic tensioning and reminders. Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children make it easy to strap in car seats for younger riders, and they’re standard on every model.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering: In most vehicles, the forces generated during a collision are normally distributed across the cabin. The same can’t be said for the Civic Si Coupe, which has been designed with Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure. In the event of a crash, ACE redistributes dangerous forces by collapsing in some sections and remaining rigid in others. The result is a safer ride for all your passengers.
- All-Around Airbag Coverage: Every Honda Civic Si Coupe has been designed with Advanced Front Airbags (i-SRS), SmartVent Front Side Airbags, and Side Curtain Airbags with a Rollover Sensor. Together, these systems provide superior protection from all angles.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov.