Trim Levels of the 2019 Honda Insight
Honda Insight LX
The Insight’s baseline trim level comes standard with some of the best safety features available today, and of course, its fuel economy is a huge attraction. The 2019 Insight LX E-CVT is priced at just $22,830 MSRP*, so it’s hard to imagine a better entry into the world of hybrid cars.
- Honda Sensing: The Honda Sensing safety package includes a Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), a Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), a Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and more. These features keep you in control, but can function like a second driver, helping you to stay in your lane or come to a stop more quickly.
- Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain: The Insight’s powertrain combines the strengths of a 1.5-Liter In-Line 4-Cylinder Atkinson Cycle engine with those of an AC Permanent Magnet Synchronous Electric Motor. In most driving scenarios, The electric motor acts as the primary source of energy, moving the Insight forward and providing generous amounts of torque. Thanks to these technologies, the Insight’s LX and EX trim levels get 55 mpg in the city and 49 mpg on the highway**.
- 3-Mode Drive System: Three driving modes make every experience in the Insight unique! The gasoline-powered Atkinson Cycle engine normally works to recharge the Insight’s Lithium-Ion Battery, but when Sport Mode is engaged, it delivers extra power directly to your wheels. ECON mode and EV mode both work to limit your fuel consumption, but where the former attempts to make your driving behavior more efficient, the latter simply minimizes the activity of your engine.
Honda Insight EX
Every drive can be more enjoyable when you upgrade with the Insight’s EX trim. Its advanced entertainment and convenience features will help you relax and enjoy your time on the road, and the 2019 Insight EX E-CVT is priced at just $24,060 MSRP*.
- 8-Inch Display Audio System: You’ll receive an 8-Inch high-resolution Display Audio Touch Screen which lets you access your favorite features using customizable button tiles. Through this interface, you’ll be able to access Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Sirius XM Radio, and a whole lot more.
- Smart Entry with Walk-Away Auto Lock: You can get on and off the road with less hassle when you take advantage of Smart Entry and Walk-Away Auto Lock technology. Each feature recognizes the presence of your key fob and locks or unlocks your doors as you depart from or approach your vehicle. Remote Engine Start also comes standard in this trim, so you’ll never have to waste time fishing for your keys.
- HondaLink: The HondaLink smartphone app can link your Honda Insight with any compatible device. Once you’ve linked your vehicle, you’ll be able to access detailed vehicle guides and information as well as location reminders, scheduled service updates, and a whole lot more. Everything in your life is interconnected. Why should your car be any different?
Honda Insight Touring
Drivers who choose the 2019 Insight Touring E-CVT can enjoy a truly luxurious touring experience, and it’s priced at $28,090 MSRP*. The Touring build offers a superior stereo, useful connectivity tech, and high-end finishing touches that will delight you day after day—all in addition to the features described above!
- Heated, Leather-Trimmed Seats: The high-end Insight Touring trim comes standard with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a leather-wrapped gear selector, and of course, leather-trimmed seating. The Insight’s front seats also offer three levels of heating, so you’ll stay warm on the coldest days.
- Satellite-Linked Navigation: This Insight trim level comes standard with a Satellite-Linked Navigation System that gives you easy access to turn-by-turn directions, HD Digital Traffic updates, a 3D view of your environment, and more. You’ll even be able to control it with voice commands!
- Mobile Hotspot Capability: Every Insight Touring model can function as a mobile hotspot. When you purchase a subscription, you and your passengers will stay connected to the rest of the world.
- 450-Watt Audio System: Drivers who upgrade with the Insight’s Touring trim will receive a major acoustic upgrade. Here, they’ll encounter a 450-Watt 10-Speaker Audio System that even includes a subwoofer. This feature replaces the 180-Watt 8-Speaker System found in the EX trim.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $895.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
** 55 city/49 highway/52 combined mpg rating for LX and EX trims. 51 city/45 highway/48 combined mpg rating for the Touring trim. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.