Drivers in the Capital Region have always had good things to say about the automobiles produced by Honda, and now, the experts are echoing their assessments! The writers at Kelley Blue Book have just released their list of the best cars to buy in each segment, and as one might expect, a Honda came out on top in more than half of the contests!* Among the victors, we find the 2018 Honda Accord, the 2018 Honda Civic, the 2018 Honda CR-V, the 2018 Honda Pilot, the 2018 Honda Odyssey, and the 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid. Honda’s array of classic and hybrid models has something for everyone, and if you’re on the lookout for a new vehicle, you can’t go wrong with one of these winners.
Winning Honda Models
In order to determine the winner in each category, KBB’s evaluators looked at driving performance and standard features, but also at less-common comparison metrics like resale value and five-year cost-to-own estimates. The competition was steep this year, but Honda’s models won seven of the 12 categories.
- 2018 Honda Accord: The celebrated Honda Accord won the awards for Best Midsize Car and Overall Best Buy.* It offers a combination of power, luxury, efficiency, and technology that’s far superior to the industry standard, and what’s more, the Honda Sensing safety package is now included standard on every trim!
- 2018 Honda Civic: This classic small car offers more interior space, more high-end technology, and more resale value than other vehicles in its class. As noted by KBB, the Civic stands apart because it is “fun to drive but comfortable, safe but exciting, reasonably priced but well-equipped,” and “powerful but fuel efficient.”
- 2018 Honda CR-V: The CR-V’s interior dimensions and cargo space give it a distinct advantage over other compact crossovers, and with Honda Sensing standard on all but the baseline LX trim, it’s a stunning value. On top of all this, the CR-V is exceptionally efficient, even when equipped with AWD.
- 2018 Honda Pilot: This stylish three-row SUV has it all. It’s powerful and reliable, and compared to others in its class, incredibly efficient. According to KBB, it’s “comfortable, refined, and civilized” enough to satisfy the whole family. Its array of available features includes a rear entertainment system, tri-zone automatic climate control, and the Honda Sensing package.
- 2018 Honda Odyssey: KBB has described the new Odyssey as “the best family car in the world,” and given its incredible array of safety and technology features, it’s easy to see why. Its drivetrain and suspension foster a remarkably smooth touring experience, and its five-year cost-to-own estimates put otherwise comparable vehicles to shame.
- 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid: The Clarity Plug-in Hybrid becomes more widely available early this year, but already, it’s clear that its electric range, efficiency, driveability, and value give it a clear advantage over other electric and hybrid vehicles.
Take a Honda for a Test Drive!
Get behind the wheel of one of KBB’s Best Buy Award winners at your local Capital Region Honda Dealer. When you take advantage of our financing options and current offers, you can take home one of these winning Honda models at a price you’ll love!