As a “blast to drive,” according to U.S. News and World Report, the Honda Civic is a driver favorite on the road. To help keep it running healthy, the Engine Oil Life percentage is a helpful way to remind drivers when their oil is due for a service. And after the oil has been changed, resetting the gauge is easy with just a few simple steps. The process is slightly different depending on whether you have a multi-information display or not, so read on to follow the process that is right for your Civic Coupe, Hatchback, or Sedan.
Without Multi-Information Display
- Turn on the ignition without starting the engine. If your vehicle has a push button start, press the start button twice without pressing the brake pedal.
- Press the TRIP knob repeatedly to display the engine oil life percentage
- Hold the TRIP knob down for 10 seconds or until the display begins to blink.
- Rotate the TRIP knob to select the item you wish to reset.
- Reset the selected item by holding down the TRIP knob for 5 seconds.
- Turn off the ignition and then start the engine to make sure the indicator has been reset properly.
With Multi-Information Display
- Turn on the ignition without starting the engine.
- Press the “i” button control located on the left hand side of the steering wheel until the wrench icon appears.
- Press the Enter button.
- Press and hold the Enter button for 10 seconds to enter into the reset mode.
- Use the up/down button to select a maintenance item or “All Due Items”. Press the Enter button to reset the selected item.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the reset was successful.
Find Out More
Find out more information on the Honda Civic by contacting us or visiting your nearest Capital Region Honda Dealer. Explore current offers and sit behind the wheel of a Honda Civic with a test drive today!